Thursday, July 15, 2010

Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes [msc]

Photobucket

I had made these cupcakes soon after the June cupcake. My friends and I were getting together for a sleepover. One of our guy friends had never painted his nails before and we decided one weekend would be nice and we would just talk and paint nails and get facials - normal sleepover stuff. This bond we had was formed over a long car talk around probably 4-5 hours. It was wow. We talked about everything. This sleepover's conversation was mostly about relationships, but I feel like most conversations I have are about relationships.

Photobucket

I decided that since I just got my new place, we could use that place since it will be empty. It would be great since we could just all sit there or be in our sleeping bags and just talk. So we ate some food and hung out and ate my flourless cupcakes. They were pretty good, but they never got the shells like they were on Martha's book. They were a dense little cake of chocolately goodness. The ice cream on top was wonderful as well.

Photobucket

The recipe for this month's Cupcake Club is found on page 146 of Martha Stewart's Cupcake book or here. Thanks to Lauryn of Bella Baker for choosing this.
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Wow, yours look really great...and sprinkles...my guys are never patient enough for me to get around to doing things like sprinkles, they just stand and wait, and when I plopped the ice cream on top, I barely got a photo of one...they loved them. Fun sleepover food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad everyone was able to enjoy these at your slumber party! So cute! Thanks for baking with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours are so pretty and I love your story! Next time, I am trying ice cream on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you topped these with a fluffu cloud of whipped cream - my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are great! It sounds like ya'll had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were good with whippd cream. Just the right thing for these dense little cuppys. Love the blue sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look good! sleepovers really are fun! although i haven't had one since i was pretty young!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sprinkles - perfect! I need to get mine out and use them - love how you presented them! And just perfect for a night with friends - no matter how long they stay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails