Saturday, July 10, 2010

Honey Mango Pie

Photobucket

So this one time, my friends and I were talking about pies and one friend said that he likes a mango pie. Although he's never had one, he thought that it would be nice.

Photobucket

I decided that it would be nice to try a mango pie for a Vietnamese food night since it would be interesting and I've never made that before, but also because it would kind of follow the theme - Vietnamese like mangoes, I think. Anyways, I brought it and it was a hit at the party.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Honey Mango Pie
Ingredients:
pie crust [I bought one]
4 mangoes
14 oz [1 can] sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
Directions:
Prebake crust at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
Peel, pit, and puree the mangoes with the rest of ingredients.
Pour into crust. I had a bit extra; I placed it in a ramekin and made a pudding.
Bake it at 350 degrees F for about an hour.
Place a baking sheet underneath just in case it poofs up too much and makes a mess in the oven.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Mango is my favorite summer time fruit but I have never head it in a pie. This one here looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I've never had mango in a pie before but it sounds just wonderful here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
<3 Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails